For ages I've been meaning to get PvP (player vs. player) sorted out, so that players who want to fight can fight and players who don't can't hurt anyone else or be hurt themselves.
After some tinkering, here's the haps!
- You can now use /pvp to toggle PvP on and off.
- If your PvP is on, others who have PvP on can hurt you and you can hurt them back.
- If your PvP is off, no one can hurt you and you can't hurt anyone else, full stop.
- All of this is unaffected by player and admin claims using GriefPrevention.
- Type /pvplist to see a list of all players with PvP enabled, and then go find them and prank the hell out of them.
- If you've never logged in before, your /PvP will automatically be set to OFF.
PLEASE NOTE! If you are an existing player, your PvP will automatically be set to ON. This means that when you next log in, you will be on the PvP list (command: /pvplist) whether you like it or not. Hopefully during this transitionary period people will be nice and check when you log in that you know about the new PvP situation, so be careful before attacking someone over the next couple of months, okay? Okay.